Hello, my name is Stephanie Best. I am the Home School Link Worker at Nicholas’ Primary and Nursery School. I have been a member of the staff team for twenty one years and had the pleasure of working with such wonderful children and families during this time and look forward to meeting many more!
What does a Home School Link Worker do?
- Act as a link between home and school, including making home visits;
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information;
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences;
- Talk with and support children in school and encourage them, through direct contact, to be positive about their future;
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school.
- Support parents when filling out forms and Early Help Assessments
- Help with completing Disability Living Allowance forms and referral to the Mental Health Team
- Attending Coffee mornings
- Supporting parents with parenting courses
- Help with school application forms
What can I do to help?
I am here to support children and families with a wide range of issues and concerns and help them to make a plan for the future:
- Home circumstances
- Home-School relationships
- Emotional wellbeing
- Covid related anxiety
Where and when can you find me!
I am school based and will aim to be on the school grounds at drop off time. On a Wednesday and Friday I will be in the coffee Morning in Daisy Class’
I work Monday – Thursday 8.30-2.30 and Friday morning but with notice I am more than happy to meet you afterschool.
We know children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development and to keep them healthy and safe. I am really looking forward to working with you and your family.
My email address is email@example.com