I met today with our Chair of Governors and members of the Senior Leadership Team to go through every element of our risk assessment in preparation for the possible return of Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 after half term.
I am sorry that I still cannot say to you whether the plan I outlined earlier in the week can go ahead. We need to wait for the government’s next announcement on 28th May and also for final guidance from the local authority. When these have happened, governors will decide whether the final risk assessment for the phased return is sufficient to keep the risk of the spread of Covid as low as possible. I must reiterate again that we must all be clear that any risk assessment will not ensure ‘no risk’. This is simply not possible.
If the risk assessment is approved, and we have the go ahead from the local authority, I will then write to you to go through the plan again. As it stands we will welcome back our Key worker/ Vulnerable group on 1st June, although have kept this group as small as possible on 1st and 2nd June to allow for staff training in preparation for the phased return.
In the meantime, it is half term next week. Down tools if you can and have a relaxing and fun time.
I would also like to take the opportunity to wish our Muslim families a very happy and joyous Eid at the weekend. I am so sorry that we won’t be able to have our usual celebration Eid assembly but I will be thinking of you all and sending my very best wishes.
Take good care,